Friday, September 3, 2010

GINGER!


One of the things we were most excited about when we moved into our new house was the big fenced-in back yard! We were so glad that Opal would have room to run and play. Only, she was so used to being walked on a leash at our apartment in Memphis, she didn't know what to do with herself in our big ole yard. It wasn't long after being in our new place that I decided the house was just too big for the three of us! We needed a new addition! ENTER GINGER!

I found Ginger on http://www.petfinder.com/ - she was up for adoption at the animal rescue in McGehee, AR. She had been at the rescue for over a year, and they were going to have start putting some of the dogs to sleep that had been there for a while in order to make room for new dogs. I told Brandon that I was going to look at her....but I'm pretty sure he knew that meant I was coming home with her! I am so glad that we got to this sweet little girl in time.

We think she is a golden retriever / terrier mix. Dr. Heather came to look at her about a week after we got he and told us she was probably two years old (same age as Opal). Then she shared some bad news - she had heart worms! I just lost it and cried hysterically for a couple of hours! After I pulled it together, I knew that Ginger would be receiving first-rate care from Dr. Heather Curry (my sister) at Animal Medical Center in Jonesboro.

So, Ginger had to go to Jonesboro for two weeks to receive her first round of treatments. I just knew when I went to get her she wouldn't even remember me since I'd had her such a short amount of time. But, she did! She stayed home with us for two weeks, then had to go back to Jonesboro for her last round of treatment. I am happy to report that she is doing great now and is heart worm free with practically no heart damage! - We are so glad she is part of our family now. She is so sweet, goofy, loyal and loving. She always acts so thankful that she has a home now, and we are thankful that it is our home!



She and Opal are BFFs now! They never do anything without the other! We love our little family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers